Orchid Health and Local Partners Work Together to Address Food Scarcity in the Area
We're proud to announce our partnership with Food for Lane County, Trillium, and McKenzie River Food Pantry to address food scarcity in our community. With our joint efforts, Orchid Health and McKenzie River Food Pantry now offer four monthly pantries. Just last month we served over 200 community members.
Join us on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1pm -3 pm for our Produce Plus pantry, hosted right here at Orchid Health, and the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month from 11am - 1pm at McKenzie River Food Pantry
Hypertension Education with Lizzy
Hi there, it's Lizzy from Orchid Health. Today, I want to talk to you about hypertension, also known as high blood pressure. Did you know that over half of adults in the US have hypertension? That's a lot of people! And the scary part is, many of them don't even know it.
Hypertension can lead to serious health problems like heart attacks and strokes, but the good news is that it's often preventable and treatable. By making lifestyle changes like eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and quitting smoking, you can lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of complications.
If you're due for a check-up or have concerns about your blood pressure, please schedule an appointment with us. We're here to help you stay healthy and happy.
Schedule your visit with me by calling our clinic at (541) 822-3341
Join Orchid Health at Upcoming Summer Events
There's always something happening in our community, and we love to be a part of it. Here are some upcoming events where you can find us:
- Produce Plus at Orchid Health: Visit us on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 1-3 pm for fresh and organic produce and other pantry staples.
- Capitol Dental Van: Every first and third Tuesday of the month, Capitol Dental brings their mobile dental van to our clinic to serve Medicaid patients. Call 971-375-3423 to schedule an appointment.
- School Field Day (June 13th): We're excited to participate as volunteers and bring water bottles to keep everyone hydrated.
- Orchid Health Vendor & Craft Fair (July 22nd): Our local craft, art, and vendor fair returns to help support community partners, local businesses, and vendors.
- Orchid BBQ (Aug. 12th): Our annual community BBQ event returns! There will be games, contests, food, and much more. Open to our entire community!
- Orchid Junk in Your Trunk Rummage Sale (Aug. 26th): Stay tuned for our out-of-trunk rummage sale information, happening this summer!
Public Health Emergency Ending and Oregon Care Updates
As you may have heard, the Public Health Emergency (PHE) for COVID-19 is ending soon. While this is a positive development, we want to remind our patients to update their information with Oregon Care to ensure that they're still receiving the care they need. Our Community Health Worker is available to assist with any questions or concerns you may have about this process.
Patient Testimony: Navigating Healthcare Without Corporate Involvement